Glow Community Center Youth Discussion Program
The GCC Youth Discussion Program provides the opportunities for students and peers to share experiences, concerns, and support each other. Meeting on zoom allows for students to be able to access resources for their development.
April 24 – May 22 Weekly on Fridays at 2:30pm. All GCC youth welcome age 13-19.
GCC Youth Discussions include topics such as:
- College exploration
- Pandemic “must-knows” & other resources
- Outlooks on the new norm in the age of pandemic
- Career Exploration
- Cultural Competency and Assimilation as New Immigrant Students
- Defining “Living the dream”
- Life skills exploration
- Tech and educational tools
- Volunteer and other youth opportunities during Summer Recess
It offers a road map for learning experiences and provides our youth with planning tools, examples, and tips that help foster sustain effective youth development.